Sunday, June 26, 2011

School is in.

  • Alright, the counseling school has officially kicked off and here at the beginning of the school they’re 15 students. While there are no English speakers out of the students my Spanish is now good enough that the experience very much different than my DTS was and I can participate in the social aspects of this experience a lot more. The age demographic of this school is also much older, which I’m enjoying; my patience doesn’t seem quite so stretched this time around in the areas of manners and noise at night. I’m enjoying the classes so far and I’m stoked on the English interpreter, she’s from the United States and learned Spanish by spending a year in South America with YWAM. She just finished the theoretical phase of the counseling school and because of a lack of finances she’s translating this school as her outreach. However since I’m the only English speaker she just sits next to me during the classes and translates directly to me; this works but it’s different than having real breaks for the interpreter to speak like in my DTS.

  • Something that surprised me about the first four days of this school is the promises made by the teachers so far. Basically everyone is promising that we’re all going to receive huge amounts of healing and revelation from the Lord if we’re honest and give the school 100%. I’m excited about getting this process started and so far I’ve been able to enjoy being in this school phase a lot more, now that I know my way around the town and schedule and already have friends (from my DTS that are now leaders in the DTS happening now) and can talk to people. In the first class the speaker said something that I really took notice of, they said: “Sometimes God takes us out of our country to specifically show us who we’re not .” I think that’s going to be the main starting point to what I’ll be learning of these next 3 months. We were also taught that counseling are instruments of God and that before we can successfully heal other we need to receive healing. Everything seems to be on a grand scale for this school and if it really goes as deep as everyone is saying it will I don’t know exactly how abstract this blog will get. I’d appreciate it if anyone reading this would just pray that God reveals everything I supposed to get of this school.

  • I’m reading through Deuteronomy in this school and some verse that stood out big this week were:
    Deuteronomy 6:5&7-8
    “And you shall love the Lord yout God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.”
    “And you shall teach them (these truths) diligently to your sons and you shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.”

  • Basically, if we want to be the Christians that God’s called us to be then He always needs to be on our minds, in our speech and through our actions. I know this is one of those classic Bible verses but we really are supposed to be doing when we: Sit, Walk, Lie, Rise. That requires an awful lot of intimacy with God and that’s the goal I’m going to be going for!

    Photobucket
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment